These are the profound words Our Lord told Saint Faustina. They get me every time. He also told her, with somewhat of an impatience- Is My death not enough for you? My heart was beyond moved to contemplate His sorrowful passion this afternoon. It is fitting for Lent, but I want to have a stronger devotion to His passion outside of this holy season, as well. It gave me great comfort to know that my patron, being Our Lady of Seven Sorrows and Her Sorrowful Heart will help me to best understand His sorrows, that started not only the night before His passion; but His whole life! “Man a sorrows”, He calls Himself.
I wanted to share these “15 Secret Tortures of Our Lord” as He revealed to a holy nun.
“The Jews considered Me as the most wretched Man living on earth, that is why:
(1) They fastened My legs with rope and dragged Me over the stepping stones of the staircase, down into the filthy, nauseating cellar;
(2) They took off My clothing and stung My body with iron joints;
(3) They attached a rope around My body and dragged Me on the floor, and then threw Me from wall to wall;
(4) They hung Me on a wooden beam with a loose knot from which I slipped and fell to the ground. Overwhelmed by this torture, I wept tears of blood.
(5) They tied Me to a post and pierced My body with various tools and weapons;
(6) They struck Me with stones and burnt Me with blazing embers and torches;
(7) They pierced Me with awls; sharp spears tore My skin, flesh and arteries out of My body;
(8) They tied Me to a post and made Me stand barefoot on a heated metal sheet;
(9) They crowned Me with an iron crown and wrapped My eyes with the dirtiest possible rags;
(10) They sat Me on a chair with pointed nails, causing deep wounds in My body;
(11) They poured on My wounds molten lead and tar, and after this torture pressed Me again on the nailed chair, so that the nails went deeper and deeper into My flesh;
(12) To shame and torment Me, they drove needles into the holes of My uprooted beard;
(13) They threw on Me a cross and tied Me so tightly that I could hardly breathe;
(14) When I fell to the ground, they stomped on My head. One of them stepped on My chest, then took a thorn from My crown and drove it into My tongue;
(15) They poured into My mouth the most immodest excretions, as they uttered the most infamous expressions about Me. Then they tied My hands behind My back and led Me out of jail with strikes and blows.”
It is so hard NOT to love Him when I meditate on these. I hope this post simply showed you more of His great unfathomable love that comes from His most precious Heart! “If you don’t believe My words, believe My wounds.”